Thursday, May 12, 2011

Date and Walnut POWERBALLS!

Wowee! It’s been a while!

How’s everyone been? How was Mother’s Day? I unfortunately had to work on Mother’s day, but that night I went home and made dinner for my family, which was nicely finished off with a raw, vegan cheesecake (which didn’t look nearly as impressive as I had hoped, hence the lack of post and/or recipe). It was a nice evening, very laid back which is my family’s style. Most importantly though, mum enjoyed herself!

Photobucket

After making her cake, I had a lot of spare walnuts, dates and coconut meal so I decided to combine it all into one SUPERSNACK!!! to keep me satisfied (and attentive) during the long lectures at uni. This plan worked...kind of. Well over half of them were eaten at home while procrastinating. And then six of them were eaten...wait for it...in the car on the way to my mother’s house yesterday! I know! I had been meaning to give them to my family but...I know, I know, I’m a monster! :(

Anyway, it’s a very simple formula, so here it is:

PowerBalls!
Ingredients:
1 cup dates, soaked for an hour or so (or figs, or any other dried fruit)
1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (or any other nuts)
1 cup coconut meal, plus extra for coating.

Method:
Blend ingredients until they come together and there are no big chunks.
Shape into balls
Roll in coconut

Hey presto! All done! How easy was that? :P

Too easy.

Not to mention, healthy, gluten free, packed full of food stuff, vegan, no refined sugar...the list goe son and on!

So go make ‘em!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. These look so easy and delicious, a great afternoon snack for when those sugar cravings arise. I'm going to make these today, thanks!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound truly delicious. This is my first visit to your site and your photos lured me into browsing your earlier posts. You've created a lovely spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mary Thank you so much for your kind words and compliments! I hope to see you here again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this combination. So delicious and so easy!

    ReplyDelete